Bump Studios seeks a teammate who can lead an idea from concept to completion. We value positive teammates who propose constructive inputs and can handle critical feedback. Our ideal animator has experience animating both humanoids and creatures of all shapes and sizes. You enjoy creating eye pleasing cycles, informational poses, and fluid blend trees. You have a real passion for games and enjoy the challenge of constructing pleasing animations that function flawlessly in gameplay. Your artistic skill for animation complements your interpersonal and collaboration skills.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Add animations to a current set of animations for a specific object.
- Edit animations in a current set of animations for a specific object.
- Develop and enhance our visual style guide
- Exceptional skills in animating the human bipedal figure, as well as other organic forms
- An understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for video games
- Skills in one or more of the related character creation tasks – illustration, modeling, texturing, or rigging
- Excellent 2D animation skills
- Experience working on a completed video game
- A demo reel link; only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Willing to complete an art test if requested to do so